Friday, December 5, 2008

Dear Mother

Dear Mother,

How are you doing? I'm doing well. Well enough, that is. I finally found a job, but I'm having trouble and I feel I might be fired soon. The manager said I took too long to mop the floor at closing last night, but I swear to you it was still filthy after four hours of mopping. Some people just don't know cleanliness. I've been saving the money just in case something happens to me out here, and I hope you are proud of that. I rarely spend anymore; I'm too afraid that I'll be hurt and I won't have the money to cover my medical costs. It's just not right that doctors charge so much for simple procedures, the ethics of it are completely outrageous, don't you think? I've been working hard on my schoolwork, but I'm finding it difficult to write papers by hand as I often times rewrite several times to get it just right. People make fun of me because, to them, I write a good paper, but I can't explain how it's just not perfect. I'm becoming familiar with all of the campus rules (I shouldn't want to break one) and I've read the handbook at least eight times cover to cover; it'd be embarassing to get caught over a minor rule infraction. I've had some trouble making friends as I occupy my room most of the time straightening up and organizing the many new things I am acquiring such as books. I still haven't found the perfect furniture arrangement, and I actually got up just now as I was typing this to fix the bed; I could see it was crooked out of the corner of my eye. I like it here. Anyway, I've written this letter about fifteen times by now, so I think I'll just go ahead and send it even though my handwritting is atrocious.

Sincerely,
Devon

9 comments:

lily w. said...

hahahhahah you're definitely paranoid. funny blog

Anonymous said...

This is definitely Obsessive Compulsive Disoder!
I recommend treatment such as medications that inhibit serotonin reuptake. These have recently been found to be effective.

Diana L. said...

I think this is OCD, but at the same time, it sounds like you're a little bit paranoid.
I simply suggest to take medication like tricyclic antidepressant clomipramine (Anafranil).

Dan N. said...

I think that this is OCD. You have many characteristics where you try to perfect the little minor details in what you do and throughly check to make sure that something is right. There are some medications which you can take to calm yourself.

Anonymous said...

i think its paranoia. you seem to be afraid that everyone's out to get you or whatever

wayne choy said...

hahah, nice blog. I'm not 100% sure what you have but i have a feeling you have OCD. Good job!

Rachel S. said...

Great job at showing OCD, it's better than mine! Your letter went through practically all of the symptoms on the list just right.

Emma M said...

I'm guessing this is OCD. I did that too but your letter definatly sounds a lot better than mine! haha

Nikki M. said...

I think this is OCD. Nice job.