Friday, December 12, 2008

Personality

From the "Jung Typology Test" my personality type was an "INTJ". After reading the description type by D. Keirsey, describing the "Mastermind" personality type, I found that it described me well: "Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be." Also, "Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them." A bit of egotism is definitely involved, and I suppose that I am guilty of this. Although I believe my ideas are right, I will still "insist on looking at all available data before [I] embrace an idea, and [I am] suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality."

I scored a 35 on the EQ test, which falls within the "Slightly above average" range (35-44). They describe this type saying, "We spend countless hours in our given roles - sometimes without much joy or satisfaction. In the process we become tranquilized by the trivial. Sedated by the small details of life." This is definitely true in my current job, but I don't think it's that serious considering my job is only part time, and I definitely don't plan on doing it for the rest of my life.

On the "Personality Test" I scored low-mid range on extraversion, which means I tend to be "reserved and serious," which is definitely true at times. My "agreeagleness" is mid range, which means I am moderately agreeable with the people around me, not overly or underly friendly. I scored high on Conscientiousness which means I am a hardworker and what I do matters to me. And I scored low on Neuroticism which means I "tend to be secure, generally relaxed even under stressful conditions, and worry little."

I averaged a 2.04 on the Attractiveness test, and apparently I am more attracted to "Trendy" and "Intellectual" women. This makes sense, and I could somewhat trust the validity of this test, however the pictures should really be changed to represent more of the better-looking women in the world.

On the "True Crime" personality test I scored a "extraversion = 3.12, agreeableness = 3.33, conscientiousness = 3.89, neuroticism = 1.75, and openness = 4.50. " And I found that I am not attracted to criminal women... I probably could have discerned this for myself but it's good to have reassurances.

In summary, I guess I really didn't learn a whole lot about myself, as I answered these questions well aware of the results I wanted. There will always be a degree of bias when assessing your own personality, because everyone has an "idealized self" that they wish to be. I will not deny that my bias probably had to do with some of these personality tests; it was unavoidable.

5 comments:

Diana L. said...

nice explanation of each test. I suggest more of your view on the topics. And I think we are suppose to do five tests.

Catherine H said...

great explanation of your tests =) and i agree with you how some of the tests were biased, i got some weird answers also.

good post overall =)

Emma M said...

Good descriptions for each test!

Tyler S. said...

I would agree that you're "reserved and serious" although you seem to enjoy psych alot.

Nikki M. said...

I like how explained the test.